At first, get the social media goals set up well and as needed:
You have to be very clear, no doubt, about the needs of your company and what it actually wants to accomplish with the use of the social media over here. Defining the business objectives in a rather clear tone will be the cornerstone or any successful based social media campaigns. Some of the sample goals over here will include the increasing brand awareness, increase in sales, targeting some of the new potential buyers and even offering best ever customer service to support one another when time comes.
Remember to define the target market well to avoid misconceptions at all:
Any form of marketing strategy must include a proper analysis of your customers. It is yet another point that you have to consider to conduct social media analysis and gain good traffic to the site in return.
- Make sure to analyze the base of the customers first along with their demographics.
- The demographics, in this section, must include the gender, age, education, social status, beliefs, attitude and interests.
- Other than these thoughts over here, it is also quite vital to analyze proficient use of the social media.
- How much do you think the customers want to use them? Which platforms do they even want to use? How often are they planning to be in these platforms and for what purpose? Remember that you have to get these answers first before moving forward with the plan.
Conduct that proper SWOT analysis:
A SWOT Analysis is always noted to be one major tool, used for determining and understanding the strengths and weaknesses of the company, and also to discover some of the available opportunities you can easily exploit and even the threats that you care to eliminate right here and now. Conducting a proper SWOT analysis might be the one to help you take a proper look at the firm. It can further be used to distinguish yourself and even carve a proper niche wherein you can compete with one another in a rather successful manner.
Analyze the proper competitors now:
Knowing who the customers are right now and how they are planning to use the social media can always help in just developing that better form of competitive strategy. Other than just listing down the name of the competitors in a piece of paper, you have to determine whether they are into the social media presence or not.
- If they are, then you have to analyze each one of the competitors and their presence in the social media sections they are using.
- Do you think they have branding consistent across all these major platforms? How do you think they are using the platforms? What type of content do they focus more at and how often do you think they post? How much of an intention is there on the current posted content? It is always your duty to come up with these answers first if you want to move forward positively.
- Remember that you should never forget to check the website of the competitors now. Make sure to see if the social media buttons are placed prominently and if the social sharing buttons are available right on press releases, blog posts, white papers and more.
Make way to outline available resources of the company:
It is always your duty to just assess the resources types that the company might has and you can use it for facilitating the social media based efforts. Make sure to estimate the time or hours that you are willing to spend on these social media channels and identify the tools that you have already and the key persons who might put you right in charge for the same. Remember to conduct the analysis, which might help in determining whether there is any investment to be made. You have to include those in the budget of your social media growth for sure.
Remember to critique the website now:
The website of the company is more like home on the web. You have to determine whether it is actually optimized for the social media and whether it can offer ways for the visitors to interact, collaborate and share with you. Remember to take a quick look at analytics of the website to see if the social media networks are known to drive traffic to the website. What do you think are the usual based landing pages over here? How much traffic are you planning to get? These points are the ones to help you determine how much you can use social media in an effective manner to get hold of more traffic to the website.
Get to perform the audit of social media:
Conducting that special audit of the social media will help in assessing how well this present social media use works. There are so many steps involved in just conducting efficient audit. To help you be rather organized in nature, make sure to create social media audit spreadsheet and use the same to list down all the available social networks. It might include some information on the URL and even the specified users or owner of the platform. Remembering these points will clearly help you use social media and work on its analysis well.
Author Bio –
Kristen Smith has been working on the importance of social media in marketing with thousands of real Instagram followers for her postings. You can visit Gramista for more information.