Whether it be the education sector, IT, or eCommerce, you name it and Python app development is there. Developers use it in applications for developing a strong backend. Its convenience and comprehensiveness enhance productivity as well as efficiency. However, Python doesn’t allow native app development but it supports external packages that are used to build mobile apps.
Businesses often find themselves in the dilemma if Python is suitable for mobile app development or not. To clarify all your queries, this article will take you through everything you need to know about Python mobile app development.
What Kind of Apps Can be Created By Using Python?
Multiple types of applications can be built using Python app development. Some of those are as follows:
- Audio and video apps: It allows you to develop music apps and all sorts of audio and video applications. You can also check out more audio and video content over the internet using Python. Creating apps becomes easy with the help of Python libraries like OpenCV, PyDub, etc.
- Gaming apps: The popular game “Battlefield 2” is one example of a game backed by Python. All the features and add-ons of the game dwells on Python. Creating game prototypes and real-time testing can be easily done with Python and Pygame. Python allows you to create design tools to assist in the development process like designing game levels and creating dialogs.
- Blockchain apps: Blockchain is considered to be one of the most complex technologies. Python comes as a savior as it makes blockchain development like a walk in the park. The comprehensive nature of the language makes creating blockchain apps painless. Flask Python framework can be used as endpoints for multiple features of the technology.
- Command-line apps: Python’s Real-Eval-Print-Loop (REPL) makes it the most apt choice for command-line applications. Python is a famous language, and many known app development brands have access to several free Python libraries for developing command-line apps.
- Machine learning apps: This advanced tech provides data to OS in order to make induce intuitive decision-making. Python has made the complex task of making learning applications seamless. Python gives free access to libraries like Pandas and Scikit, that can be used for machine learning.
- Business apps: Python’s agility makes eCommerce app development easy. Built on Python, Odoo purposes extensive business applications. Tryton, a business app built using Python, is a three-tier structure.
Python for Androids and iOS
As Androids support the implementation of Java, Python code first needs to be converted to Java to build an Android app. This is achieved with the help of VOCs (Vestigial Output Compilers). While using Python for iOS app development is a bit more tricky than that of Android. You need a device with MacOS, to begin with.
Why Python for Mobile App Development?
Here is why businesses should choose Python for their mobile app development:
1. High readability: Working on the code written by some other developer can be very challenging. You first need, to read, understand then identify to introduce a new feature. With Python’s comprehensive code, testing, redesigning, and introducing a new feature gets easy. Dynamic typing along with biding makes it readable.
2. Excellent security: You can’t compromise security when it comes to mobile apps holding customer data or highly sensitive data. Python’s in-built security abilities and encryptions allow developers to enhance the security of the app. The language is robust when it comes to cyber-attacks.
3. Modular development plan: Dividing the development of the app into several modules ensures its completion in the stipulated time. This setup enables assigning different modules to developers making the production part easy. This approach enhances productivity and efficiency as many developers work on the same project but on different modules.
4. Less response time: Fixing bugs during mobile app development can be a time taking process. Python’s interpreter detects and reports the errors to get them resolved on time. This results in increased productivity.
5. Efficient libraries: You can instantly start developing apps using Python libraries. No need for building code from ground zero. The availability of vast coding permits developers to easily alter a few parts of the app.
6. Easy integration: This is the major reason why many developers prefer Python. Easy system integration allows developers to enhance system capabilities by integrating it with different systems.
Advantages & Limitations of Python for Mobile App Development
Python, like every other technology, has its merits and demerits. Let’s see what they are.
- It is easy to use.
- Its easy syntax makes sure minimum learning curve.
- Effective data visualization and data reporting.
- It is easy to read because of the simple syntax.
- Flexibility to integrate with different languages.
- It provides support and maintenance of asynchronous code.
- Slower in comparison to different programming languages.
- GIL (Global Interpreter Lock) allows only single-thread execution.
- Due to its simple syntax, switching to languages having much more complex syntax is difficult.
- Absence of actual multiprocessor support.
Popular Applications That Use Python Mobile Apps Development
Named below are the few world-renowned applications that have optimized Python.
Top Tools for Python Mobile App Development
There are many frameworks available on the market for developing apps using Python. Developers leverage these tools for added features in the app. Additionally, these tools prove to be beneficial for UI/UX design services for creating customized mobile applications. We have listed down a few top tools based on features and developers’ reviews.
Python has made a name for itself. The versatility of the Python programming language makes it the favorite of developers. Development of any kind of app is possible with custom web design services that are supported by this language. It is most convenient for businesses that want to reduce the time to market for their app while saving a lot of money. Leverage its convenience and flexible characteristics to build your mobile app.