Template for writing transfer letter for school
The following is a standard template for writing a transfer letter for school:
Format of writing transfer letter for school
- The first thing that you must remember is to address the principal or school authority to whom you are writing the letter. You must provide the name and address of the school. Apart from that, it is also essential to provide the date of the day when you will be submitting the letter. But remember that you have to write the date in DD/MM/YYYY format. Specifying the date will certainly help you to determine when you made your school authority know about your decision of transferring the school officially.
- In the subject of the letter, you should clearly mention that you are writing the letter for requesting the transfer certificate. In this case, even if the principal or school authority does not have the time to read the whole letter they can easily understand your necessity.
- After that, you should start your letter with your introduction. It is very important that you specify your name and in which class you are reading so that the principal or school authority can easily recognize you.
- Then you should specify clearly the reason for writing the letter in a clear and precise manner so that there remains no confusion over the issue of transferring your school to another location. It is also advisable to give the accurate reason which has forced you to take the decision of transferring the school.
- After that, you must describe a little about your achievement and feelings that you had experienced in the school. You must express your gratitude for all the things that you had received from the school. You should also tell a little about how difficult it is for taking the decision of leaving the school.
- Finally, you should request your principal or school authority for issuing the transfer certificate so that you can take the admission in another school easily. Then close the letter with proper closing terms such as ‘Sincerely’, ‘Yours Faithfully’, etc. and specifying your name, signature, and student ID.